General Cedar County General Assistance shall be provided to residents of this county as mandated by the Code of Iowa, Section 252.25.
The purpose and policy of such provisions of relief where appropriate, is to direct the applicant in removing barriers to self-sufficiency and economic self-support to prevent, reduce, or eliminate dependency.
General Cedar County General Assistance provides emergency payments and/or vouchers to needy and poor people in need of immediate assistance or people who cannot obtain assistance from any other source. Assistance may be provided to an individual that has income or benefits delayed from a state/federal program or not actually received because of reasons not attributable to the person, and who does not have liquid assets of the family unit to pay for the items of assistance that can be provided.
To qualify a person must:
- Be a resident of Cedar County Be at least 18 years of age Meet current income and resource guidelines
- A veteran who served during designated war time years with an honorable discharge must apply at Cedar County Ve teran's Affairs.
Types of Assistance Available. There are three kinds of assistance in Cedar County
- Emergency assistance for needy persons
- Assistance for poor persons
- Assistance for an extended nature
How to Apply Appointments are requested. The office manages several other functions within the County, therefore is sometimes unavailable.
Please call (563) 886-2170 to request an application be mailed to you. When you come to the appointment bring the requested required documents.
Office Hours :
- Tuesdays 7:30 AM - 12:30 PM (Appointments requested)
Mission Statement: To provide quality services, and support in employment, training, employee relations, benefits, compensation and safety beyond the expectations of all employees enabling them to better serve the public.