USDA Rural Development - Waverly offers Multi-Family Housing Rental Assistance that provides payments to owners of USDA-financed Rural Rental Housing or Farm Labor Housing projects on behalf of low-income tenants unable to pay their full rent.
Who may apply for this program?
- Project owners as part of their Rural Rental Housing or Farm Labor Housing new construction financing applications Projects must be established on a nonprofit or limited profit basis
What is an eligible area?
- Rental Assistance can only be provided for apartments in new or existing Rural Rental Housing and Farm Labor Housing financed properties.
How may funds be used?
- Payments are made on behalf of the tenants and become part of the property’s income, which pays operational expenses
Who may receive assistance?
- Properties with low- or very low-income (1) tenants qualify to receive assistance.
- Properties with very low-income tenants receive first priority.
How do we get started?
- Rental Assistance is coupled with an application for new construction financing under the Rural Rental Housing or Farm Labor Housing programs.
To apply, project owners should contact their local RD office.