HELP WITH RENT
There are times in people's lives when they cannot pay their rent, or have fallen behind due to their economic circumstances. Through various grants and funding we are able to assist a family or individual once every 12 months.
When funding is available, appointments are set on Wednesdays beginning at 8:30 a.m. and individuals are scheduled on a "first come, first serve" basis.
Appointments are necessary and can be made by phone call at (517.484.4424). Please bring the following with you after making an appointment for rent assistance:
- Picture ID for all adults in the household
- Social Security numbers for all household members (although medical cards may be accepted for children under 18).
- A DHS decision that coincides with the current need. i.e. back rent, foreclosure, first month's rent, etc.
- The DHS decision must be less than 30 days old and not expired
- Monthly income verification: pay stubs, child support verification, DHS statement for FIP grant, current year paper work from Social Security Administration verifying income, or any other sources.
- A copy of the lease or mortgage.
For back rent: A court ordered eviction including: judgment, summons, complaint and demand for possession, letter of nulification from the landlord for writ, or order of eviction.