About Dutchess Outreach, Inc.
Rent / Mortgage Assistance
* An application for rent or mortgage assistance must be accompanied by a printed, formal nonpayment or eviction notice, copies of court papers, or a sheriff’s eviction notice.
* Other documents may be required (i.e. copy of a lease agreement, condemnation notice). Letters or notes from family members or friends are not sufficient unless they are the Landlord of Record.
* We must also have a written statement from the Landlord indicating what payments are owed, and we may require a payment history in ongoing problem cases.
* The client must show that the rent is normally affordable except for the one time financial emergency.
* If an applicant owes several months rent and is not facing a one month shortfall due to an unforeseen event, our program is not the appropriate solution.
* Unfortunately, we cannot assist applicants who have no current or pending income, or who do not normally bring in enough to pay their rent and utilities on a monthly basis. If the cause of nonpayment is attributable to a temporary condition (i.e. short term disability), and another agency is approving additional assistance, collaboration is possible.
* Our advocacy and referral experience may certainly be utilized to address such problems.
* Rent or mortgage assistance payments are limited to a maximum of one month rent or mortgage.
* No grant will be issued to pay security deposits, last month’s rent, application or credit check fees, or any costs other than actual rent or mortgage expenses.
* In all cases, the client must show that the rent and utilities will be affordable in future months based on income from wages and/or other assistance.
Hours: M-F 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Dutchess Outreach, Inc. Community Questionnaire
Are you familiar with Dutchess Outreach, Inc.? Help users like you answer some of the questions they have about Dutchess Outreach, Inc..