About Onondaga County Department of Social Services
Emergency Temporary Assistance
An emergency is an urgent need or situation that has to be taken care of right away. Emergency Assistance for Families (EAF) and Emergency Safety Net Assistance (ESNA) provide assistance for crisis situations. Services such as prevention of evictions, moving expenses, utility shutoffs, help with food expenses and diversion payments to help individuals avoid the need for ongoing assistance are available.
Some examples of an emergency are:
* You are homeless.
* You have little or no food.
* Your landlord has told you that you must move or has given you eviction papers.
* You do not have fuel for heating during cold weather*
* Your utilities have been shut-off or are about to be shut-off, or you have a 72 hour disconnect notice.
* You or someone in your family has been beaten, abused or threatened with violence by a husband, wife, partner or other member of the household.
*Note: for individuals not on Temporary Assistance the HEAP unit on the 7th floor of the County Office Building handles fuel and utility emergencies.
Onondaga County Department of Social Services Community Questionnaire
Are you familiar with Onondaga County Department of Social Services? Help users like you answer some of the questions they have about Onondaga County Department of Social Services.