A New Leaf is a 501(c)3 human service agency founded in 1971 that offers domestic violence, homeless, behavioral health and youth programs. They help those in need make permanent, positive changes in their lives. Their programs are more than a Band Aid for immediate needs, they teach the tools and skills for a better life.
A New Leaf offers domestic violence, homeless and youth programs at no cost to community members who qualify.
- Residential Treatment Centers (Helaman House, Dorothy Mitchell Residence and Larry Simmons Residence)*
- Eaton School*
- Mayfield Alternative Youth Center
- JAG (Juvenile Alternatives in Glendale)
- At Risk Kids
- Detention Alternative Program
Foster Care Services:
- Therapeutic Foster Care Services
Community Behavioral Health Services:
- West Valley Community Behavioral Health *
- Dorothy B. Mitchell Counseling Center*
- Advocacy Program*
-After School Program
Community Assistance Program (CAP):
MesaCAN's Community Assistance Program offers financial and case management services to individuals and families who are facing an immediate crisis which impacts their housing, utilities, health and safety. city of Mesa Residents apply and qualified per poverty guidelines and state regulations. financial coaching is available to help clients learn how to manage their monthly and yearly budgets. Families learn about credit and how to mange financial resources.
Individual Development Accounts:
Individual Development Accounts (IDAs) are matched savings accounts that help people of low to moderate means build assets. IDA programs have shown to create economic security for the family. A New Leaf has two IDA programs to assist in the development of building assets. Matched funds can be used for down payment assistance for first time home buyers and to ease the burden of college costs through our post-secondary education IDA program.
Collaborators of A New Leaf Located within the Pat Gilbert Center:
For the convenience of our clients, A New Leaf provides space and support to the following community collaborators within the Pat Gilbert Center:
* MariSol Federal Credit union
* WIC (woman, Infant, and Children) Program
* Chicanos Por La Causa (CPLC)
* Maricopa County Health Immunizations
* VITA - Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (During Tax Season)