Des Moines, IA - 50309
(515) 284-4663
USDA Rural Development -Des Moines

USDA Rural Development - Des Moines - Multi-Family Housing Rental Assistance  program provides payments to owners of USDA-financed Rural Rental Housing or Farm Labor Housing projects on behalf of low-income tenants unable to pay their full rent. Who may apply for this program: Project owners as part of their Rural Rental Housing or Farm Labor Housing new construction financing applications Projects must be established on a nonprofit or limited profit basis What is an eligible area: Rental Assistance can only be provided for apartments in new or existing Rural Rental Housing and Farm Labor Housing financed properties. How may funds be used: Payments are made on behalf of the tenants and become part of the property‚Äôs income, which pays operational expenses Who may receive assistance: Properties with low- or very low-income  Properties with very low-income tenants receive first priority. How do we get started: Rental Assistance is coupled with an application for new construction financing under the Rural Rental Housing or Farm Labor Housing programs.   To apply, project owners should contact their local RD office. Who can answer questions: Contact your local RD office or you can find Rural Rental Properties. What governs this program:  Code of Federal Regulation, 7 CFR 3560-Subpart FThis program is authorized by Title V of the Housing Act of 1949NOTE:  Because citations and other information may be subject to change please always consult the program instructions listed in the section above titled "What Law Governs this Program?" You may also contact your local office for assistance. (1) Very-low- and low-income: Very-low-income is below 50% of area median income; low-income is 50-80% of area median income.

USDA Rural Development -Des Moines Photos
Questions and Answers

Are you familiar with USDA Rural Development -Des Moines? Help users find out answers.

We publish all Helpful information.

  • How do I get an application to qualify?

  • Can I get cash assistance quickly? How long does it take?

  • Are they still offering rent assistance here?

  • Can a person collecting unemployment can qualify to get rent assistance at this location?

  • What type of documentation do I need to apply for assistance?

  • Reply User   2013-01-20 00:00:00

    I would like to make a comment that has to do with the Altoona, Clover Ridge apartments that had advertised on Craigslist vacancies 2 units available to the age of 62 or any age with a disability so I finally got a response back after answering the ad a couple times and actually emailed the contact person pretty much all day regarding the apartment they still haven't filled and asked me to call the property manager to set up a time for a tour and I did that and met with the next evening and the last email from the gal we had wants sent to me saying that the apartment is available and I would be able to move in as soon as my application was processed and I there was no waiting list and I had to ask he property manager when I was going for a tour and he did say that there was a gentlemen that he showed an apt to before me but wasnt sure if the fellow was interested and I told him how hard it had been or a disabled gal my age which is under the 62 or 55 age for seniors or disabled seniors and he also mentioned that I should look in the blue pages in the phone book for housing for people with disabilities and I should do that 1st thing in the morning. So to me the fellow had his mind made up that I was not getting the apartment. Well I had gotten a call the next morning from a gal at the office that said my application was denied do to my credit. Well for one id like to know what she recieved as a credit score because I didnt even have to give them on the application my current landlords name and the property manager wasn't sure why they would ask questions for references but he had purr down midamerica and water company and of course I have had some problems in the past with those bills but I am on fixed income and have ran into problems with Social Security Disablility regarding an overpayment they issued me back in 2009 when I originally recieved payment of back pay after a case that went on for a little over 2 years and I had not been working because I couldn't no longer and lost everything even a house when I was waiting for their decision but they made the mistake of overpayment and I had been fighting It so the house I am living now is being sold to the state do the probate issue on the house but I am being forced of having to move soon but I dont think that it was a good idea that anything was said at all

  • Reply User   2020-12-14 14:53:26

    I need help paying rent my room. Mate left and left me with bills

Leave a Comment
Search by zip code
Nearby Rent Assistance
© 2008 - 2023 Rent Assistance
All Rights Reserved.